Please could we ask those attending to bear the following in mind:
- Supervision Ration – will need to be 1: 15 (responsible adult to pupils – the required ration for a Category A trip for KS2 pupils). The group must be led by at least one teacher.
- Stewardship – students from Bicton College will act as stewards for the event a steward will be allocated to each school party for the duration of the visit. The role of the stewards will be to ensure that all school groups are directed to demonstrations/displays in an orderly manner and to ensure each group experienced a range of experiences in each of the 10 zones.
- Lunches – please could we ask all pupils attend with packed lunches – this will be to minimise the time that will be required for lunch (a food vendor stand will be available on site for emergencies but will not be able to cope with large numbers of pupils requiring lunches.
- Toilets & Washing Facilities – two separate sets of toilets will be available to children throughout the event and separate toilets will be provided for adults. Children will be given clear guidance in respect of the need for good hand hygiene and provided with adequate facilities.
- Photography & Filming – we expect media interest in the event so please could school staff attending the event take responsibility for ensuring they know about which pupils may & may not be filmed.
- Transport – schools will need to organise their own transport to the event and when arriving at Westpoint will be directed to the parking area where minibuses, coaches or cars can be parked close to the Westpoint Arena
- Security – attendance of the event will be on an ‘invite only’ basis and access into the Westpoint Arena will be closely controlled
- Emergency Contact Number on Event Day (at Westpoint Arena 01392 353729 or (01392 353704)
- Site Address for the Event – Westpoint Arena, Devon County Showground, Clyst St Mary, Exeter, Devon, EX5 1DJ
- Travel Directions – http://www.westpointarena.com/getting-here/